Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Names 101


 
 
Today I decided to link up with Andrea from Momfessionals.  I have been  stalking reading her adorable blog for a long time.
 
How did I come up with the name for my little angel face? That was easy!!
 
I've loved the name Tatianna for as long as I can remember.  It was supposed to be my name when I was born. My Mom told me when I was a child and I always thought it was a unique and beautiful name
 
It may also help that it means "Fairy Queen" and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE FAIRIES!!
                                 
I know you’re sitting on the edge of your seat wondering why it wasn’t chosen as my name.  That’s another story!
It’s all because of this:
                                                 Hot Toddy Recipe
You are looking at a drink called a "hot toddy". My grandfather said it'd be my nickname. So, he and my Gram convinced my Mom not to name me it.
 
  
Ha ha! Not to be easily swayed by others and because I'm pretty sure no one drinks these anymore- it was a non-factor for me. But, I'd like to also think it was fate. Maybe my Mom was saving the name for me: she just didn't know it yet!    
 
Luckily, Warren liked the name too and that was that.  We didn't even consider another girls name.   I let him choose the middle name and he picked Lee.  That gave me the perfect opportunity to  change it up and pay homage to my favorite movie character of all time. She is just gorgeous. So, I had to spell Tatti's middle name Leigh; not Lee.  Poor girl has 25 letters in her entire name. Just 1 letter short of the alphabet.
 
 
I should also talk about how I spelled her name. I spelled it Tattiana. There is a method to my madness. I'm a thinker. I think things through, play devil's advocate with myself and really try to look at all angles.  I knew her nickname would be Tatti.  I didn't like the way Tati would look if I spelled it Tatianna (the traditional way). So- TATTIANA. 
 
I sang her a song from the time she was a teeny-tiny tot.
 
She's the prettiest girl in the whole wide world
Her name is Tattiana
She's the prettiest girl in the whole wide world
My little Tattiana
T-A-T-T-I-A-N-A
T-A-T-T-I-A-N-A
My little Tattiana.
 
I'd like to think it helped her learn how to spell her name!
 
There are some other girl names  I love too. Here are my top 3:
1. Meadow- so pretty!!!!!
2. Caroline- How fun would it be to sing the version of Sweet Caroline from one of my favorite movies?- Beautiful Girls.
3. Briella: Ahh, the nicknames are endless- Bri, Elle, Ella, Brielle
Now, boy names: That's another day!! We literally had no idea what we would name a boy and we didn't know what the baby was until she was born.  We may have left the hospital nameless.
Warren like 1 name- Dawson. Me... not so much! It's a perfectly wonderful name. But, it reminded me of Dawson's Creek; plus we had 2 Dawson's in our school already (I'm a teacher) and I wanted something unique.  Here are names we threw around: Donovan, Tavian, and Holden. Now, I love Kash and Brody!!
On another note: let's take a minute to be thankful that I wasn't a boy because right now; McAuthor would be sitting here typing this????
 
My Mom  fondly recalls the night Tattiana was born (27 1/2 hours later).  She said Warren came in to the waiting room and said "You can come back to meet the baby" She said they all asked what it was and he said he'd let me tell them. When they walked in I said "It's a Tattiana."
 
My cousin likes to call her Tater Tot; which is ironic because I always thought a boy named Tavian would give me a Tater (Tavian) Tot (Tatti).
 
So, there it is. A super long post on names!!!
      
              
I'd love to hear how where your family names came from. Please share below!! And check out all the other interesting name posts.              

0 comments:

Post a Comment